Toss ‘n’ Twig Rules
(Number of players: 4)
Object: To stack chestnuts between two standing twigs located at either end of the playing field.
To Play: Two teams of two players each must try to balance as many chestnuts as possible between standing twigs designated for their team. If the balanced chestnuts fall, the team loses. Play time is as long as it takes for one leaf to travel down Elderbrook stream. Bonus points for anyone able to balance a chestnut on top of a twig.
Twiggleberry Stew Recipe
(serves 8 hungry squirrels)
5 large twiggleberries (cut lengthwise)
1 wild mushroom
1 spring onion
1 small carrot (with top)
1 tsp. ground acorn flour
Sprinkling of clover for garnish
1. Cut all ingredients into large chunks and add to pot.
2. Cover with water to boil.
3. Once boiling, turn flame down to simmer.
4. Simmer for 25 tail shakes.
5. Ask family if it smells yummy yet.
6. Remove from heat and garnish with clover.
7. Serve with roasted chestnuts and a smile.